Thursday 15 December 2011

Like Fine Wine...Placido Domingo...



I don't remember the first time I saw the legendary tenor, Placido Domingo. But I DO remember the impact he had on me when I DID lay eyes on him. Well, do I even need to tell YOU? Think...this is C. Zampa. 


Domingo: tall, dark, handsome and...Spanish. His accent is delicate, lilting, sexy. And his voice, when he sings...smooth as the finest cognac, sensual as the softest silk touching skin.

I was head over heels, instantly.

I've never lost track of him during his career.



The first signs of aging were so subtle. But then, something inside him seemed to glow--this magnificent fountain of youth, this energy, this light deep in his eyes.



Gray hair appeared. But the inner beauty, the inner light. Still there, strong as ever. Oddly, he began to be more and more handsome.


The sensuality, the character, the beauty in those eyes. I can barely look into them without...swooning.

Eventually, the hair became this rich blend of gray and silver. Regal. Still so damn sexy.


Finally...to me, he's in his prime. Silver hair. Glorious. The eyes. Ah! That warm light, that maddening mix of geniality and sexuality...still there, strong as ever.

Placido Domingo. Living proof that--if that true light and spirit is inside---it cannot be diminished by time. It can only age beautifully...like fine wine.



11 Comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dorien Grey said...

A nice tribute, Carol!

by Sarah Lee said...

He's such a classy looking guy! No wonder he's such an attraction! I love his singing, too! I had the cd of the Four Tenors, but I can't find it. I really love the songs.

Victor J Banis said...

Carol, when I was a super at the S.F. Opera, I had the honor of meeting and working with Placido. He's a beautiful person, a truly classy guy. Everyone who worked with him just loved him.

Inner beauty, outer beauty - he has it all.

AlanChinWriter said...

Being a serious opera queen, I've followed Placido's career for the last 30 years. Yes, he's a beautiful man, but more importantly, a fantastic talent. I'm very jealous of Victor, who got to meet and work with Placido. :)

The last I heard he was still giving concerts in L.A., but that was a while ago.

C. Zampa said...

Thank you, Dorien!

C. Zampa said...

Hello, Sarah, sweetie!
Oh, yes, classy he is, isn't he? So elegant! Sigh...

C. Zampa said...

Victor, I join the rest in being envious of you for having actually met Placido Domingo.

But I'm smiling, knowing he is as beautiful and classy in person as I imagined him to be.

C. Zampa said...

I've done the same, Alan. Once I saw him, I was hooked.

The voice. Silly as it sounds...while other girls wrote fan fiction of actors, I often wrote and daydreamed of Placido. Even had a boss who reminded me much of him. Needless to say, I had a huge crush on HIM. lol...

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Oy, look at that face. >swooning<

Merry Christmas dear friend.

C. Zampa said...

Oh, Joylene! Does this mean your computer is back up and running? I hope so!

Merry Christmas to you, too, my friend! HUGS!